Friday, July 18, 2008

Mini-Vacation

We went to Quartz Mountain for a mini-vacation. We stayed one night at the lodge, and it was Brian's anniversary gift to me. I'm sitting at the picnic table after we finished eating lunch. It was about 98 degrees but we were in the shade and had a nice breeze. We had sandwiches, chips and dip, carrots, and desert.
This is our view from the picnic table. I think we found a good spot.
Brian really wanted to get in a canoe so I went too. It was really hot and I didn't feel like paddling, but he had a great time. Afterwards, I made him buy me a sno-cone to cool off.
We stayed the night at the lodge and this is the view from our door. That night after dinner we enjoyed taking chairs out on the patio to look and the view and talk.
After dinner we also decided to take a short walk and look around. Here I am already tired and ready to go sit down. Seems like I get tired a lot more easier than I used to.

We had a great time and it was nice to get away for a couple of days. We've been talking about how it's already time to go again!

No comments: