Thursday, November 27, 2008

Keep getting sick!


These were the only pics I could take of myself. I don't know why but I just keep getting sick! I had a cold, then the flu, then mastitis, then another cold, and now an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was taking for the mastitis. Ugh! I started getting it yesterday with just a few bumps on my arms and legs that itched. The doctor is out until Monday so I called the Nurse Hotline at the hospital. I took Benadryl and Tylenol (100.4 fever) and went to bed. About 5:45 am I woke up and notice my ear was itching. When I touched it I noticed it was swollen. My ears were red and swollen along with my face and lips. I had red spots and blotches all over my body...I'm talking from my scalp to my toes and every place in between. Oh, and it itches! Not only that, but it feels like pins and needles all over and it's hot. I went to the emergency room and got a shot. I also got a steroid prescription that I take. The doc said this could last days or weeks because it will take that long for the antibiotic to get out of my system. But he said it should start to get better within a few days and get better every day. I have to go see my regular doctor next week to check me. So far since this morning my face and neck has gotten less red but other parts of me are worse, such as my back and arms. The red bumps turned into blotches and now large red patches. Some of the patches are scaly. And what's worse is that we were scheduled to have our family picture done this Saturday. Guess not! We're just going to get Charles' picture done and do a family one later. Well, I hope I can get better soon.

No comments: