Sunday, March 05, 2006

TAS Meeting


This past weekend I went to a Texas Academy of Science (TAS) meeting in Beaumont, TX. As you can see we had a good time. At this meeting I go to several research presentations. I hear about the research other scientists are doing and I keep up with new things. Next year I will be presenting my research.
The first picture shows (left to right) Karen (a former graduate of MSU), Dr. Scales (professor), Dr. Cook (professor and chair of the biology department), Dr. Rincon (professor and graduate coordinator), and Dr. Horner (professor and dean of college of science and math). This picture was taken the first night we arrived. There is a social mixer to meet other people who came to the meeting. The second picture is of Dr. Scales and me at the awards banquet on Friday night.
The third picture is of Bikash and Clinton. Bikash is another graduate student and he works with me in the Botany labs. Clinton is an undergraduate and he also works in Dr. Rincon's lab.
the next picture is Sam and me enjoying ourselves before the banquet. Then you can see me with the other girls that went on the trip. From left to right is Deyo, Junie, Jendayi, me, and Sam. All of these girls are graduate students and TA's.
The last picture is of Lance, another graduate student and TA.


No comments: